Thursday, September 15, 2011

Baby Sign

I have a lot to say about how baby sign language helped and changed my life... but I think Claire Vallotton says it best in her child development article. Take a peek at this!

https://www.babysigns.com/pdf/ClaireVallotton.pdf


The jist of most of what she says is that babies are capable of knowing and communication their emotions and feeling before they can verbally tell us. Scientists are still researching this and they are not convinced, but Claire Vallotton and I am!

I've personally seen Geran sign sad, when he could not talk at the age of 10 months when he saw another child cry. That is EMPATHY my friends. They are smarter than the scientists believe, let me tell ya!

Keep signing... and help your child show the world they know how to express themselves!

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment