Some Christmas event ideas for you and the whole family!
- December 1st is also the start of the Capilano canyon lights another great way to spend a night, unless your scared of heights. Even if you are they still offer a great evening so it is worth dragging the family out to.
- December 1st we have the Christmas Parade of Lights in New Westminster which begins at 4pm-8pm at 4th and Columbia and will travel along Columbia Street to Hyack Square. There will be a tree lighting ceremony, live music which includes a performance from A.J. Woodworth, Jon Cornish the CFL star will even be there signing autographs!
- December 2nd is the Rogers Santa Claus parade where you can bring your food donations, have some fun and enjoy over 60 dance troops, floats and marching bands! There are always a TON of people to ensure you get there early in order to get your best view and the parade starts at 1pm.
- December 6th-8th is the Vancouver Public Libraries annual used booksidewalk sale, which is an amazing place to find some great gifts and stocking stuffers, especially for the book collectors in your family.
- December 7th is the beginning of the Festival of Lights at VanDusen botanical gardens which I think is honestly breathtaking. They do this all the way up till January 1st but it is closed Dec. 25th so keep that in mind.
- December 7th-31st you can also decide to take a ride on the Vancouver Trolley Karaoke Christmas Lights tour! Ride in a cute trolley, sing some carols and enjoy being driven to some of the best light displays in the Vancouver area! That includes of course the lovely display at the St. Paul's hospital which is a crowd pleasure every year.
- December 8th there is both Breakfast and Brunch with Santa!! Breakfast is at Willingdon Community centre from 10am-11:30am and is $7.50/person. Brunch is at 11am-12:30pm at Cameron recreation complex and is $6.92/person. No drops ins are available so ensure you call this number 604-297-4526 and register!
- December 12th the Shadbolt will be presenting their hilarious show "Hotel Bethlehem" which I think looks like a complete hoot and a half!! Good idea for a date night after some crazy Christmas shopping I think! I also think that not enough people go to the theatre these days, and they really should, nothing quite like a live show!
- December 14th the Queen Elizabeth theatre will begin their Nutcrackershow which is something that is a amazing to go to if you haven't already before. A great first for the kids too, nothing like dressing up all fancy for a night at the Queen E. Tickets start at $30
- December 14th is also the same night of the Carol Ships Parade of Lights at Barnet Marine Park. This is completely FREE starts at 7:30pm and the ships are expected to go by around 8/8:30pm. Always a nice compliment to lawn chairs, cozy blankets and hot chocolates!
- December 21st the Winter Solstice Lantern Festival will be happening in Chinatown and it is FREE and all over downtown Vancouver including Chinatown!
- Lastly we have Canada place that is doing so many great Christmas events that you'll just have to head over there to check them out yourself! Not to mention all the great activities that the Vancouver Aquarium will be putting on and a million other places that I know I haven't found!
Some other Valley Christmas ideas:
1. December 5th Sell your Wares from 9am - 11am. If your crafty and want to sell your creations you can book a FREE table. This is to showcase our participants talent and to get into the festive spirit. Bring some spending money as well! Call 859-7681 on Montrose
2. December 8th Breakfast with Santa. 9 - 11am at Abbotsford Middle School. Tickets are free but you need them... get them at Family Center call 604-859-7681 ex 266.
Share your local Christmas event ideas here!