Friday, July 26, 2013

Week 3 - Mindfullness

 
Welcome to the Peaceful Parenting Challenge Blog Carnival: Week #3- Practicing Mindfulness
This post was written for inclusion in the 10 Week Peaceful Parenting Challenge Blog Carnival hosted by Prenatal to Parenting. This week our participants have written about Practicing Mindfulness. We hope you enjoy this week’s posts and consider joining us next week when we share about a week of Slowing Down.

This talk of mindfulness reminds me of redirecting my negative thinking into positive thinking. I have come to realize in this crazy week the power of my thoughts. When things began to go 'wrong' I reacted to my reality that I was looking at. I allowed outside circumstances to affect me. It was only after the truck broke down 3 times and no one was helping me, it was when the stroller broke and I was lifting my 100lbs limping home, it was only when I realized we had no more money in the bank to realize a dream or a want, that I finally broke down and cried out to the universe, “What are you doing to me?”

Ok, it wasn't all that dramatic, but it FELT that way. I felt frustrated, alone and unhappy and then I had had enough. The 4th day of this frustration had to GO! I began my 'list.' I realized that I needed to change my thoughts. It was my reaction to my perceived reality that was causing all this. I know that my thoughts have power and I was giving up my power. I began to reach out, talk to friends, meditate, breath and calm down. I began to focus, as hard as it was, on positive thoughts.

I began by writing a list, (I'll include the copy of the list here.) and I posted on Facebook. I pushed out into the world positive thoughts and I read these thoughts every day and throughout the day. And let me tell you how fast the law of attraction works, my bad days turned into great days within that same day of posting; to the point of carrying over to the next day and the next. Within this time I was able to buy a new van, sell a laser for money in the bank, and fix my broken stroller. But the most important thing was that I FELT fabulous. I started to feel better before the good things happened. It was MY POWER and my thoughts that changed my reality to what I WANTED!

Being mindful isn't just being aware of what we all are thinking. It is being fully aware of our feelings and thoughts and then ALTERING these to suit our needs, wants and desire. We can be, do, and have anything we want. We just need to focus on it and feel good about it as we are thinking about it.

Change your channel today to a positive thought, a positive feeling and change your life!

-Amanda
www.stickyhands.ca

 
Please take time to read the submissions by the other carnival participants:
No Need To Schedule Mindfulness– Sarah from Prenatal to Parenting discovers mindfulness isn’t something she needs to make time for.
Living in the Present Moment – Amber from strocel.com shares how she has been practicing presence.
Practicing Mindfulness Ricky at Daddy Blogger takes his wife on a date to The Dark Table restaurant in Kitsilano to practice mindfulness.
Being Mindful - Peaceful Parenting Challenge - Week 3 - Katrina from Kalem Photography finds her way back to a good old habit.
Week #3- Practicing Mindfulness – Jennifer from The Children’s Directory discovers how sometimes we get so caught up in all the garbage that life dumps on us that we forget
the little things that makes it all worth it.
Week 3 - Mindfullness-Amanda from Family and Baby Sign Language harnesses her power to attract more positive.
Lesson Already Learned – Verena from Memory Maker Events realizes she’s already learned mindfulness.
Mindfulness of Self - Week 3: Peaceful Parenting - Kathryn from Curiosity and the Kat finds mindfulness exhausting.
Have a full mind?  Try being mindful! – Lolly from My Journey Home challenges herself to live in the moment and stop looking forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment