Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Struggling with whining

So I've been struggling with my 3 year old this year and his excessive whining. I thought I was doing everything right, but it has not stopped so I must be doing something wrong. I'm the adult, I have control of my environment, attitude and atmosphere of my home. That said. I will try to keep you posted in the next few weeks to see if anything I try will end this craziness.


Today I am going to try the hugging it out. Whenever he whines, I will give him a hug and validate his feelings.

7:30am
This morning, he was whining pretty bad and I climbed into bed and told him to come and snuggle. Took 20 minutes of snuggling, tickling, kissing and loving before he would let me get out of the bed without whining. Interesting study. I'll let you know how the rest of the day goes...


The remainder of the day felt like the longest and hardest whining day ever! When I got home my husband also was making sure he got down to his level, looked him in they and truly listened to him when he whined.

I didn't feel very successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment