Monday, April 6, 2015

All about cars

Today is all about cars. Car tracks, race cars, large trucks, 4 by 4's. They play and play and play. And they are 3 and 5. They are both so smart and as a homeschooler I think, so maybe today I will homeschool. And then I watch them play with their cars and I say to myself. Good job, I'm done.

Because at our home, we value play. Playing is part of learning and growing. As we grow, the most important part of my job is to make sure they continue to play and learn and grow. I want to make sure I don't stifle their creativity by educating it out of them.

I find the hardest part of homeschooling is keeping the confidence that I am indeed creating the right path for my children. It's my confidence only that falters. It is never their's, they are always sure that what they are doing is indeed what they need to be doing!

Learning to trust and let go today.

No comments:

Post a Comment